The seeds of Sustainability were sown right at the inception of Dr. Reddy’s. It seamlessly integrated into the Company’s corporate fabric over the years as the organization worked to meet unmet medical needs and make affordable and innovative medicines accessible to all in society.
Sustainability has a positive effect on each one of us – and goes beyond, to involve not just the organization, but the immediate community, and all of society. This is why we emphasize that Sustainability is not just the domain of Senior Management or the Sustainability Department, but it requires the support and enthusiasm of each stakeholder.
Our Sustainability Framework:Providing Affordable and Innovative Medicines
Taking our responsibility seriously to aid in reducing the burden of disease on individuals and the world, we are:
- Generating solutions to make medicines affordable
- Innovating at every stage of our processes
- Ensuring each of our businesses address affordability in various innovative ways
Environmental management & Climate Change
We need to design products, processes and plants so that they have a sensible environmental footprint from Day One. We also need to minimize and manage the adverse impact of our existing footprint through innovative options for treatment, recycling and safe disposal.
Being an Employer of Choice
Our employees work as One Team, collectively ideating, innovating and interacting, to fulfill our purpose of providing affordable and innovative medicines for healthier lives. To enable them in this pursuit, we offer a conducive working environment that taps one’s potential while offering freedom to question, innovate and find that ‘better way’.
We make certain there is ‘No scope for error in anything we do’ by addressing:
- Quality Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Product Safety requirements
- Stringent procedures for packaging & promotional materials and processes to support patient safety goals
We encourage our Business Partners to conduct their business in a responsible manner. We minimize our environmental impact by:
- Purchasing green products / services
- Streamlining our sourcing processes to achieve resource conservation and reduction of our carbon footprint
Caring for Communities
We focus on two main areas for sustainable community engagement:
- To progress and provide for the community around us: Introduced a variety of initiatives to enhance healthcare and education in areas near our manufacturing units. Through “The Power of 10”, our employees’ contributions provide assistance to Naandi Foundation, one of India’s largest social sector organizations.
- To benefit individuals and society at large, we invest in and support non-profit organizations like Dr. Reddy’s Foundation (DRF) and Center for Social Initiative and Management (CSIM).